The Hallbrook Farms Association Board of Directors will be having their board meeting on June 9th at 5:00 pm. Please click on the link below to view the agenda.
We hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Due to the Holiday, please note that the Waste Management service date will be delayed by one day this week.
Waste Management will be picking up recycling for the community on odd/green weeks.
We have also included the Glass Bandit schedule for glass pickup for your convenience.
Have a great week!
The Board of Directors will be having their meeting on June 9th at 5:00 pm.
Owners have the option to attend via Zoom. Below is the link and instructions.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend,
Wednesday, June 9th 5:00pm
Hallbrook Single Family Home Board of Directors
Meeting ID: 865 6424 8199
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,86564248199#,,,,*091368# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,86564248199#,,,,*091368# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
|Dear Hallbrook Neighbors,|
Good news! Hallbrook hasn’t had a property crime in over three and a half months. Well done everyone! Locking cars, removing valuables and looking out for our neighbors works.
Warmer temperatures, however, bring more opportunities for thieves. Memorial Day Weekend is the kick oﬀ to summer, but it can also be the kick oﬀ for more criminal activity. Please be on the lookout for suspicious behavior and keep up the good work protecting your property. If you see something, say something. Many burglaries happen during the day.Keep garage doors closed.Lock cars and remove valuables. Cars are easy targets.Ensure your home is well lit at night. Keep shrubs trimmed to reduce places for thieves to hide.If traveling out of town, utilize the Leawood PD House Watch service. Thank you and let’s keep working together for a safe neighborhood!
The Hallbrook HOA Board of Directors
We have heard your voices through the recent survey and we thank all who participated. Your HOA Board and Sentry Management work diligently on your behalf. Here is what has been accomplished thus far in 2021.
- Significant upgrades to our security cameras incorporating the latest in analytical software and remote video monitoring
- Increased coordination with the Leawood Police Department
- Continued communication and emphasis to our neighbors to be vigilant in protecting their property and reporting suspicious activity
Landscape and Maintenance:
- Repair of our iconic fountain
- Finished renovation of our 50 stone mailbox kiosks
- Currently addressing concerns about the size of the landscape budget while trying to maintain the high standards our community expects. The magnitude of this task involves 23 acres of irrigated turf, 3 acres of irrigated planting beds, and 1,438 street trees. In addition to our landscape maintenance, Raintree also constantly monitors the condition of the fountain, mailboxes, guard house, cameras, light poles, monuments and street signs.
Budget and Policy:
- Secured a reduction in HOA insurance premium while increasing coverage limits
- Constant examination of the budget for reallocation of funds in response to recent survey results and avoidance of any dues increases
- Instituted bi-weekly glass recycling
- Updated the home rental policy limiting rentals to a minimum of 12 months
- Worked closely with Sentry Management on best practices for the neighborhood and ensuring the financials are maintained with the approved budget
- Implementation of a text message system
- Re-establishment of the HOA printed directory
- Distribution/review of multiple surveys to increase neighborhood input
- Increased frequency of neighborhood updates through the neighborhood’s official channels of communication: email, texting, the Hallbrook website and mail. The Hallbrook Facebook page is a privately administered account and not an official means of communication.
- Exploring new roofing materials and continued improvement in Board communication
As a reminder, please email email@example.com if you would like an additional recycling bin.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Hallbrook Homeowners Association. We share a common goal in ensuring that Hallbrook is a neighborhood which is safe and well maintained. We look forward to the Special Meeting on Tuesday, May 11th at 5:00 pm on Zoom. An agenda has been mailed to all residents.
The Hallbrook Homeowners Association Board
We would like to share a status update with you regarding our trash and non-glass recycling. In order to help everyone understand this status update, we have given a recap of our current situation below the status update.
Sentry Management and the Hallbrook HOA Board of Directors
- The HOA Board has reached a decision regarding the upcoming Waste Management (WM) contract changes, and feels the best course of action for now is to continue using WM and move to bi-weekly recycling service. Key to the decision is an extra bin for no additional fee if desired. Sentry Management has negotiated this perk on our behalf.
- The transition date from weekly recycling to bi-weekly recycling will take place the week of May 10. WM will be mailing postcards next week, so please be on the lookout for additional information from them.
- Those homes wanting an extra recycling bin should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will review this decision in 6 months, prior to end of year, and pursue alternatives as warranted per neighborhood feedback.
Decision Drivers & Benefits Considered:
- Remaining with WM and changing frequency to bi-weekly recycling will leave fee structure unchanged for the remaining contractual period.
- Remaining with WM as a vendor will mean no bin swap-out required. The recycling bin swap was extremely challenging for many, and we wish to avoid difficulty.
- Sentry Management has negotiated a special arrangement with WM where WM will provide, at no additional fee, an extra recycling bin to those wanting it.
- Reduced recycling collection frequency will result in lower carbon emissions with less frequent collection traffic in Hallbrook.
- Glass and Non-Glass recycling frequency can be coordinated for ease of remembering which week is a recycling week.
- The alternative vendor’s bid considered for weekly recycling was an additional $15,000 per annum, and the Board wishes to keep HOA fees as low as possible.
The Board would like to recognize Sentry Management for work well done under these challenging conditions, and thank Jim and his team for all the extra hours spent to research alternative vendors, gather bids, and negotiate the free extra bin.
Hallbrook contracts with WM to collect trash and non-glass recycling on a weekly basis. Earlier this year, WM announced it was reducing collection to a bi-weekly collection cycle and distributed a larger bin for recyclable materials. The City of Leawood informed WM that WM was under obligation to continue offering weekly collection services as part of WM’s permit to operate in Leawood. As a result, WM offered Hallbrook and other Leawood clients a choice to continue weekly collection services for a $42,000 price increase, or to move to the new bi-weekly collection schedule. The Board reviewed alternatives, conducted a survey, and made a decision in line with neighborhood preferences and priorities.
Hallbrook Board of Directors and Sentry Management
The Hallbrook Board of Directors and Sentry Management would like to communicate recent leadership changes:
- Board Changes:
- Andy Beal, Board Treasurer and DRC Committee member has regretfully resigned his position due to unforeseen circumstances. The Board is extremely grateful to Andy for his many hours of service and assisting us during a very busy time. We will miss Andy’s well thought out guidance and calm demeanor.
- The Board will not appoint an interim director to serve the remainder of Andy’s term (December 2021), in favor of allowing the Nominating Committee to receive community input to help choose his replacement in December. Andy has agreed to continue fulfilling Treasury duties until the December election.
- Committee Changes:
- Chi Chi Puhl has resigned her position on the Landscape Committee. The Board would like to express tremendous gratitude for the years of voluntary service Chi Chi has given to our community. We hope other members of the community will join us and reach out to thank Chi Chi for her vision and countless hours of vendor interaction, issue review, communication, advocacy, and dedication to ensuring consistent and premier design implementation throughout the neighborhood.
- Shawn Moore has resigned from the Landscape Committee.
- Linda Finkle will join the Landscape Committee as Chair.
- Carol Gurba will remain an integral committee member and provide critical historical knowledge and perspective.
- Additional appointments are under consideration and will be forthcoming.
- As a matter of policy, no Landscape Committee member has ever had a financial interest in any vendor used by the HOA.
- Management Team Changes:
- Jim Tiehen will continue to be our lead property manager.
- Shay Smith, our assistant property manager, has given notice at Sentry Management, and the Board expresses appreciation for her contribution and support during a particularly busy time with glass recycling vendor installation, mailbox upgrade completion, and changes in service and collection bins from Waste Management.
- Leah Larson will replace Shay as Hallbrook’s assistant property manager. The Board welcomes Leah and already appreciates her skillful administration of the Zoom video-conferencing platform.
The Board of Directors and Sentry Management hope you will join us in thanking everyone for service contributed, and welcoming new members to our combined team.
We would like to share a status update with you regarding our trash and non-glass recycling. You can find this document below. In order to help everyone understand this status update, we have given a recap of our current situation below the status update. Please expect additional updates on this topic in the near future.
Sentry Management and the Hallbrook HOA Board of Directors
The Hallbrook Board and Management have worked together to create a calendar outlining upcoming events and Board meetings. Please see the below link to view the Hallbrook 2021 Calendar of events.
The Hallbrook Board of Directors have agreed to commence glass recycling for all of Hallbrook. If you would like an email reminder the day before pickup, or if you would like to opt out of glass recycling by GlassBandit, please email email@example.com.
Pickup is every other Wednesday; pickup dates are also listed below.