Please join the Hallbrook Farms HOA Annual Meeting on November 9th, 2021 at 7:00PM. This meeting will be held via zoom, link information below. Documents have been mailed USPS with postage paid envelopes to return your proxy or ballot.
If you do not plan on attending, we ask that you please return your proxy in the postage paid enveloping arriving in the mail so the association can insure we reach quorum and elect 5 new members to the Board of Directors.
There will be a meet the candidate night November 3rd, 2021 at 6PM via ZOOM. Same zoom information as annual meeting below. Candidate information and nomination forms will be sent in a future communication.
ZOOM MEETING INFORMATION FOR ANNUAL MEETING AND MEET THE CANDIDATE FORUM
Meeting ID: 697 997 4924
Via Phone: 312-626-6799
The Hallbrook Farms Association Board of Directors will be having their board meeting on June 9th at 5:00 pm. Please click on the link below to view the agenda.
June 9 Meeting Agenda
The Board of Directors will be having their meeting on June 9th at 5:00 pm.
Owners have the option to attend via Zoom. Below is the link and instructions.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend,
Wednesday, June 9th 5:00pm
Hallbrook Single Family Home Board of Directors
Meeting ID: 865 6424 8199
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,86564248199#,,,,*091368# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,86564248199#,,,,*091368# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Sentry Management and the Hallbrook HOA Board of Directors would like to recap the meeting last night and outline next steps.
With neighbors, Board members, and representatives of Sentry Management in attendance, a Special Meeting/Board of Directors Meeting of the Hallbrook Farms Single Family Homes Association was convened via Zoom as scheduled at 5 pm on Tuesday, May 11, 2021. We wish to thank all 164 folks who logged into the meeting. Neighbors presented comments and ideas regarding the 3 published agenda items, i.e. HOA management company, landscape, and nominations and succession planning. Board members unanimously passed motions 1) to start the process of requests for proposal to qualified companies for HOA management, 2) to start the process of requests for proposal to qualified companies for landscaping, and 3) to start the process of forming a nominating committee to identify prospective board members for the annual election and to consider amendments to the Bylaws for term limits and succession plans for Board and committee members, all starting June 1, 2021.
Some of the comments made during the meeting need to be corrected to ensure we do not spread misinformation:
- The Special Meeting was called due to a petition signed by 184 people turned into Sentry Management on April 7. This equates to 143 homes owned by current owners or 34.5% (=143/414). More may have signed since this date, but were not used in the official request.
- The DRC currently has a resident architect in addition to credentialed professional consultants, and until recently has had other members from industry on it as well.
- Hallbrook is now getting close to 33 years old. The developer turned it over to the HOA 23 years ago and the dues at that time were $1,450 per year. The dues currently are $3,050 per year, which means dues have increased approximately 3.28% per year.
- Board terms. All current board members have joined in the last two to three years, except for Craig Hamlin. He is finishing his second term, totaling six years of board service.
- May 20: As was discussed at the meeting, any Hallbrook resident who wishes to participate in one of the 3 committees should email your name and address to Leah Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 20 at 4:00 pm. Please specify which of the 3 committees you wish to join.
- Board Succession Planning
- HOA management RFP
- Landscape RFP
- May 30 or before: Board will announce the committee members for each committee.
- June 1: Committee work begins
- Aug-Dec: Committee work will end with recommendations to the Board for approval, with committees ending work at different times
Hallbrook Board of Directors and Sentry Management
We would like to set expectations for the Special Meeting tomorrow, May 11, at 5:00 pm and provide a reminder of how to join.
Overall Meeting Protocol:
- The meeting is being held in response to a petition filed with the board by neighbors in Hallbrook.
- In line with the laws governing HOAs in Kansas, the agenda must include and be limited to the items in the petition.
- The Board has issued an agenda consistent with the petition filed
- There will be an opportunity to comment during the meeting after each agenda item.
- Comments must be limited to the agenda items.
- Any non-agenda item will need to be discussed at the next Board meeting on June 9.
- While the Board would like to respond to any question or comment during the call, we are only able to entertain the items on the agenda. This is per requirements in our By-laws and Kansas governing laws.
- The next Board meeting where general comments from the neighborhood can be heard will be on June 9. More information will be distributed closer to the date. Please know you can always be heard by sending an email to Leah Larson at Sentry Management (email@example.com) and address it to the Board.
- Board President Craig Hamlin will preside over the agenda as distributed.
- In order to swiftly decide each agenda item, a Board of Directors meeting will be held in the same forum, at the same time (in tandem), as the Special Meeting. This will allow the Board to vote on each agenda item in real-time, with the participants of the Special Meeting in view of the vote. Normally, a Special Meeting is for discussion of items posed, but the Board would like to expedite deliberation on the items, in demonstration that we are committed to service.
- In order to keep the meeting to a tenable length, we ask everyone to please cooperate with us and be patient as we maneuver through this meeting.
How to Join the Meeting:
- This meeting will be held virtually, via Zoom.
- The login is below.
- Please try to join a few minutes before 5:00 pm so that we can begin and end the meeting in a timely fashion.
The Hallbrook Board is having a Special Meeting on May 11th at 5pm. The Agenda is below and the link can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click below to view the Agenda for the Board Meeting on Wednesday April 7, 2021.
April 7, 2021 Agenda
The Hallbrook Board and Management have worked together to create a calendar outlining upcoming events and Board meetings. Please see the below link to view the Hallbrook 2021 Calendar of events.